Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Housewives of Heyburn"

Well... Here we go. I've made a commitment to run in a 60 mile relay in June. I know crazy. But I am doing it with 5 of the most fabulous women I know. We are the "Housewives of Heyburn" Thats our team name. Isn't that great? We'll give those New York and Beverly Hill's wives something to really talk about! Ha! Here's the link of the relay if you want to check it out. http://www.sawtoothrelay.com/sawtooth/home.cfm
I will be running or in my case walking 2 different legs of about 5 miles twice. That's right 5 miles, 2 times! AAAHHH! Did I mention that they're all in their in their 30's? I've started doing alittle training and I will be getting into it more as the weeks go on. I will keep you updated and hopefully get some pictures so you can meet my teammates and get to know them. (did I mention they're 30 something?) I'm pretty excited about this little adventure in my life. Being 50 doesn't mean I'm dead thats for sure. Wish me luck and any advice for this occasion is truly welcome.

6 comments:

LeenieGreenie said...

So proud of you. That is an awesome thing to commit to. Good luck!

Mary Ellen said...

WoW! That is something to set your mind and body to do. Good on ya!

debra said...

very nice.....didn't I want to do something similar last summer. thanks a lot, they must have something on you that I didn't have. long time no see or talk....

EM said...

You will LOVE it!!! I am very proud of you for taking on the challenge. :)

Taryn said...

That's Awesome! Hope you have soo much fun! Age doesn't mean anything, you're gonna kick butt!

Elise said...

I have been having bad dreams about this--what did I get myself into?!?!?
I'm sure it will be an experience we will never forget!