Monday, December 28, 2009

Just Checking In

Today was spent washing blankets, alittle grocery shopping and cleaners. My dad is hilarious. He is getting absent minded and looks so much like my grandma Elda every day. He forgets where he puts his wallet and doesn' t remember to close any door or turn off the TV. WOW! It's different watching your parents age. He also says to watch out because if you or anything hits the floor, you'll get thrown in the washer! He was looking for his favorite blankets today to take his nap and they were no where to be found. He was alittle upset about that. He He...
Mom is burnt out today. She obviously did too much the last two days and she is paying for it. I literally had to run around after her yesterday about not lifting too much, bringing wood in for the wood stove, which by the way is consistently 50 degrees here but rainy, going up and down the stairs, you just name it I'm trying not to let her do it. But... can't keep a good woman down. Her neck looks very good where she had her incision. She is starting to feel all the feeling coming back in her neck and chin. Today she sat 90% of the day and let everyone around her do what they needed. I'm hoping tomorrow she will feel and look better.
Things are quiet on the Douglass home front. Colt is in mild pain and doesn't want to take the pain pills anymore. They make him alittle irritable... :( Kenzi called and she has made dinners, done laundry, fed the animals and has been taking very good care of the men in our family. Love that girl. But she is in no hurry to get hitched. Being the mom is alot of hard work! Job well done babe.
I hope to come home this weekend. I miss my cozy living room and my hubby, snuggled up in the big chair he got for us to sit together while we watch movies. He's such a romantic. My life there is great and I can't wait to get back and be with my fam. Love you guys! Plus, I wanna open my Christmas presents!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Whew! I thought I was exhausted from the holidays. C'mon 2010! Huh? Bless you and your family. Your mom is amazing, so great to have strong women in our lives. We are blessed and I am so happy (overjoyed) for you that yours is still here and kickin.
Can't wait to see you soon and maybe have lunch or somethin. Tell Colton to keep on healin.
Love ya!