Thursday, July 7, 2011

Alittle Bit Sad

OK. Do you see the time that this posting is going down? You know your attached to your little kittens alittle too much when you feel sad when the first one leaves the family. You know its going to a very loving home and a sweet little girl who is going to love that little kitten. And then you freak thinking "did I give that baby away too soon?" So you get up in the middle of the night and google " when do you give away baby kittens" and you find out that your ok, most people start giving them away at 8 weeks, which that lil baby will be on Friday. WOW, I have got to snap out of it!

I finally got to go for my first walk this morning since the relay. It felt really good and I finally think my leg is healed. Yay! For those of you who don't know the Monday before the relay I pulled my calf on my left leg leaving me barely to walk. Such a huge disappointment. But I ended up walking my legs. The relay was a really exciting event for me to be involved in. I still can't believe I did it
We loaded the sub and made our way for Stanley. Which by the way was only a overnighter but we had enough food and clothes we could have probably gone for a week easily.
This was the best part. Naming our own legs to run. People knew who we were! See #10.

We got pretty creative I think.

Here we are in Stanley unloading all that stuff. Of course we brought our own dinner and we were excited about that!
This is the gang at the starting line at 1am in the morning. It was a party and we were right in the middle of it. So fun.
Here's Erin coming in from her 2nd leg. Such a trooper. I love that girl.

Jacque running up the summit. She's got alot of guts.

Elise getting geared up for her leg. She was hilarious the whole trip. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun her and I had laughing all the time.

Here's Britanni running at just about 5am. It was cold and starting to get light. That was awesome in itself.
Renee starting her journey down the backside of Galena Summit

Here I go bringing in the last leg. I was so excited and nervous hoping my leg would be ok and get me into the finish. I was praying the whole time. I put wrap on both my legs, they were killing me by the end. I made it and we all crossed the finish line together.
This was on my top 5 things I have ever done in my life. So far...
And here we are. "The Housewives of Heyburn"
PS... Cheers!


Kresta said...

I did the same thing all night, Karla! I kept worrying that he was lonely, that he missed his momma, that he needed to nurse...He seems just fine but I hate to take him away from his little family. Hope his momma is okay with one of her babies gone. And his grandma, too!

Elise said...

That ice cream tasted SOOOOO good! Good times-I can still hardly believe we did's like it was all a strange dream. :)