Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just a Moment

I've decided that we are put on this earth to learn from our experiences and though we may not like what is put in front of us it is up to us to decipher how we handle our challenges. Being a woman of faith and relying on the Lord is sometimes all we have. Sometimes what I want to do (throw a fit, rant, rave, swear, carry on crying... and I've already done this) is not always the best choice... but I can tell you it does make you feel better :)
People need to understand that we ALL have a past and we ALL have a future. Have you heard of the saying "People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?" What that means is, you should not criticize other people for having the same faults that you yourself have. People really need to take a look at themselves or their own families before they speak. Because when you talk of other's and it comes back around, it's hurtful. But we are here is learn patience, longsuffering, kindness, turn the other cheek. Those are the virtues I'm working on today. They're tough but they're there for a reason. I have to believe that. That's why I'm here on this earth. If other's choose not to learn those virtues, they're loss my gain. I have to believe that.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Wow. So well spoken. I know these lessons very well and I appreciate how beautifully one can see other options rather than negative. I see that in you. It is a very good feature! Perfect. Thank you!