Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fall Nesting Ideas

I've been reading a blog from http://www.theinspiredroom.net/ and she has this fun blogging she does called "10 Seasonal Nesting Tips" so I thought I would give it a try. Some people are so very articulate when they write, something I'm not very good at but it's something I want to get better at.
I love to decorate my home. Especially when the different seasons come around. Living in Calif. didn't really offer distinct seasonal changes like it does here in Idaho. I remember my mom changing the decor though when holidays were coming about. Back then she would buy those puffy pull apart decorations from the Hallmark store and put them in the center of the table. Funny how I loved those little things.
I probably love the fall the most just because of the colors. They are so clean and bright to me. And they really tell of my personality. I guess you would say my home is decorated fall year round just because of the colors on the walls and my accents.
Kenzi loves fall too. She likes the change of the weather because she knows soon you can curl up with a snuggy blanket and homemade chicken pot pie will soon be in the oven. Your home smells of nutmeg and orange zest burning in the wax pot and it's dark by 5:00 pm.
I think I like the roar of the furnace turning on in the wee hours of the morning. It gives you that cozy feeling of staying in bed just a minute longer.
I love fall nesting because I know in a few months all my kids will be home for a short time and we will all be together to laugh and enjoy each other's company. I love those times.
My home may not be lavishly decorated like BHG but I know my family loves to come here and they feel safe. They know they can be themselves and feel the calm from the storm. AND they know they can get the best homemade dinner ever!

20 Things to Look Forward to at Autumn Time
1. The geese returning to the river
2. Reading a great book before bed
3. A crackling fire in the wood burning stove
4. Mums on the front porch
5. Pumpkins
6. Leaves blowing down the road as you drive
7. Making homemade granola
8. Fuzzy socks for your cold feet
9. Pumpkin spice muffins
10. Candles burning in the window
11. Your favorite heavy blanket on the couch
12. A yummy roast with homemade rolls
13. Flannel sheets
14. Cute sayings to remind you to be thankful
15. Eating canned salsa you made in August
16. Starting your car 10 minutes before you have to leave
17. Wearing mittens and a scarf
18. Making chili
19. Eating popcorn
20. Laughter from your family around the table

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Bravo! What a fun little writing you did here. I can smell all the smells you talked of and hear the crackle of the fire.

Love it.