Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Quiet Sunday

All of the kids were gone this weekend. Meaning Ez went to SL with friends to a missionary farewell, Colt and Kenzi were at their own apts. It's a great time for Paul and I to have quiet time together and do whatever. I like it...
Today in our RS lesson we talked about unconditional love from our Heavenly Father. He lays down for us "laws" that we need to obey. Just as we lay down "rules" for our own children. Our heavenly father may not like the choices we make, but will always love us. If we keep his "laws" there are great blessings for us to enjoy. If we don't then we only receive mediocre blessings.
I especially love the scripture in John 8:11 when Jesus came across the adulteress woman and said to her, not condemning the woman but said "Go, and sin no more". He was still kind and loving to her but stern. We as parents often have the same experiences with our own children. We love them, we don't like their actions but we still love them and they know it. I know my children know this because they have told me that.
I love my children. I know my parents love me, I know my Heavenly Father loves me and for this I'm thankful.

No comments: